Thursday 5 May 2011

ME THINKS

It has been quite an interesting day for me, today I woke up with a bounce on my step and music on my knees...yes I know who says that? But its true I had a severe case of musical knees, anyway that is beside the point. You know those things that people tell you in passing and you never really get to understand what they meant until they walk away or, until it hits you later and a light bulb goes off in our brain, ok not literally, but you know what I mean. So today I remembered something that I heard so long ago... here goesyou can never hang around with the eagles as long as you are still pecking around with the chickens"

I paused and thought about it ( and yes I can be quite at times, but that is besides the point **smiles**) so anyway I paused and I though it through and realized, how many times in life that we pass off opportunity simply because we are settling for second best. We shortchange ourselves, we pick the lesser instead of the better, we go for the least, the barely get by mentality, the thinking "oh I can never have that” or “I am good only for this" Then I asked myself. I’m I living the best, doing the best being the best I can be? Then another thought came to mind, a quote I read on twitter: "We can’t be perfect but we chase perfection and in the pursuit of it we catch excellence" 
My friend carrots, yes that is a name haha! Thinks I am in love with that quote and I am, you see I believe that we are created to be the best, and nothing less. We cannot therefore shortchange ourselves to settle for mediocre lives, relationships, situations all in the premise that, it’s what I deserve... But then it hit me again... (Yap I have really been thinking) that by the time we have these negative thoughts we have obliviously allowed it to get to us. How did you form that opinion? Most likely somebody told you, or you heard it somewhere...now now, keep your hats on, true think, when you say,  " im not that good" "i cant have that" or "your guy/girl is cheating? "he she doesn't treat me right" it must come from somewhere, I mean I know you are smart and all but it must come from somewhere, most likely you have allowed someone or even your situation to dictate your lives, which brings me back to this : "YOU CAN NEVER FLY WITH THE EAGLES AS LONG AS YOU ARE PECKING AROUND WITH THE CHICKENS" that is not to say you become picking but it means you become careful, don let anyone drag you down, or keep you down, you have within you the ability and capability for sustainability, you are marked to make a mark, I tell you what, if you begin to think like this then you will see a change, I though on this the whole day today and I felt better, wiser stronger, and all..I am a happy person because I choose to be an eagle....

Catch yol later...

P.S. TAG A FRIEND SHARE THE POST, FOLLOW THE BLOG...

Enough said.

4 comments:

  1. oooh.....i aint pecking with the chickens....bn on th ground for too long!!!!i love ur thinking wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an eagle...Don't stop writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ohhh The Rev Bev i appreciate it..keep flying

    @Carrots thats whats up!

    ReplyDelete