Sunday 22 May 2011

LESSONS part 1b

Wow I got time to write a morning blog, I must really be inspired **chuckles** well this is a continuation of yesterdays blog so if you haven’t read it LESSONS: Ok so we will now pause so that you can read it...go on...scroll and read it, nope not later now..NOW! (HEHEHE marketing skills)
So anyways here we are yesterday as I said the pain was unbearable, big word so I will endeavor to break it down for you,

I was thinking of my aunt, she went to be with the Lord, I say that because I know that such a beautiful soul can only be in heaven, I mean we do serve a just God. She was beautiful when I think of her I think of what Maya Angelou said she said: " A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer it sings because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song!" my translation of that is simply that we all know our roles and duties and so long as we do what we were created to do, we may not always get it right but we will have tried and we will be in our purpose..She was so nice to us, always caring and all.... (I will stop here but read on I want to tie two issues together)

I was also thinking of a friend of mine who called during before and told me that his brother in law is beating on the sister, painful thought he did not know what to do, and during Sunday live yesterday when the story on domestic violence ran, pain ran through his entire being...( now I tie this two.) you see aunty was sometimes beaten by uncle but she wouldn’t leave, she stuck there for the kids, now before you go off.." no way I wouldn’t do that" " if it was me" on me just chill a while, picture the hurt she had to go through first of all, when she realized that the man of her dreams turned violent, who was this man? What happened to him? Whose fault was it? These are the things that ran through somebody's brain, before you even think of leaving...it hurts. To me it’s like your heart is a paper and somebody just sticking it through the shredding machine...

So allow me to reiterate a few things this morning:
First of all once again "All men are prepared to accomplish the incredible if their ideals are threatened."

I believe this is true, most of the time we see pain as though it was a ball and chain, a shackle that is keeping us down, whether it’s the loss of a loved one, or anything that generally means we are out of our comfort zone, it will cause pain. But reality is that it is in this situation s that you realize just how strong of a character you are, just how far you can go, just what you are worth. I submit to you, DO NOT FEAR PAIN because in life sometimes pain is the fertilizer of ambition, the fuel for creativity and the solution to stagnation. I always like to think this way: when Pressure is applied to coal, a beautiful diamond is the goal" For the record though I think the only time you should lay your hands on your lady is when you are making love ***blush*** or when you are praying for her. Other than it is wrong.

Even though my heart was heavy last night, I woke up with these words ringing in my ear and that will probably keep me through the week:
"While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God's creation."
Think of that and equally remember that: "Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning."

FOLLOW…COMMENT…. SHARE…

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice piece Willis, so touching yet so realistic. This ought to be shared beyond this blog, domestic violence (whether gender-based or not) should be shunned, it's even worse when we witness people close to us go through the same but can't so much to assist them get out of it. Women especially, should be empowered with more knowledge about this, staying in abusive relationships and marriages should not be because of kids, there are so many successful single parents all over the world.
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,W,
    this speaks for so many people out there.including me.I know a harem of women who have been battered even if its not physical,verbal and emotional abuse inflicted upon them. Its a healing to our generation to realise that men(like you) can voice sobriety into this vice.SPEAK ON, I cant wait to seee other insights from you.

    ReplyDelete